Tuesday, September 11, 2007

3rd at Singapore 70.3

So this time I had a good swim. I was leading at the first turn bouy, which is always a good sign, I then sat on Reinaldos feet and annoyed him alot for the rest of the swim, sorry buddy:)

Onto the bike and I just wasn’t going anywhere, i felt a bit better on the bike towrads the end of the ride, but in total the bike ride was a bit crap!

Then onto the run and I was atleast 6mins down on the 4 guys ahead off me, so I thought I would have to run pretty good to just hold onto 5th and get some money.

I did what the boss said and enjoyed my run in the sun:) I went under the humidity for the first lap then tried to push a bit harder, with about 6km to go I could see 4th place, which gave me a boost, I went straight past him. Coming into the stadium with 1500m to go I thought I had 4th and was fairly pleased, but I heard that AJ wasn’t far ahead so I kep pushing, then I could see AJ, so I gave it all I had and just pipped AJ who I believe was seeing stars due to the heat.

So I cam in 3rd place overall. Not bad and a really great day all round for Team TBB with 1st and 3rd in both Mens and Womens races!

Now on to Bor Saen for 2months traing up to IM Florida.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home