Sunday, November 04, 2007

4th at Ironman Florida

I am sitting in a bakery in Panama city beach the morning after Ironman Florida. I am fairly happy with my performance.

I had a good swim coming out in the front group then onto the bike and it took a while to get going but my legs came round and I was riding strongly, at about half distance I couldn’t quite go with some faster bikers who came past but I was happy to come off the bike only 5min 20sec behind the leader.
A great opportunity for a podium finish. Unfortunately I did not run how I had hoped to, something to work on.
I finished strongly to come in 4th.

With 4th place here I have qualified for Hawaii and that is the big aim, and I will be working extremely hard to try to put myself in the top 10 there in 2008.

Next race is Ironman Western Australia in 4weeks time. Where I will aim for another solid performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home