Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Beard has Gone!

But it's coming back, I think it is a must have for any endurance athlete in the winter. I can't see it coming into fashion with the sprinters, I don't (correct me if I'm wrong) think there has ever been a bearded 100m running world champ, however there is that Australian,track cycling sprinter with quite an impresive beard!!

Anyway I've just got back from a great run with a couple of FIT-FOR members at Epsom Downs(we will be meeting at Tattenham Corner BR station car pk from next week.) We had 15min warm up slow jog then on our 1k circuit, half up half down, we ran hard up easy down for 6 laps then a nice gentle jog to warm down. This is Thursday, but I'll start back at Monday: The day the beard came off(mum was pleased) Just a really short easy swim, bike and jog.
Tuesday: Good 3km swim in Putney, lots of Drills really good to do this time of the year. 1.5hr easy bike and Track run session in the evening main session 4x1mile then 4x200m fast( there was a bit of wind so I did the 200m where the wind was behind me).
Wednesday: # 4hr ride most with 9 other FIT-FOR members same route as last week and again a really beautiful early winter morning, Swim 1hr 3.1km with some hard intervals. 30min jog.
All the weekly goals are being attained so far and so all is still on track for Ironman Lanzarote. I can smell it already! Can't wait till Sunday and another trip to Fanny's!

# I received my new Hac 4 Ciclo Sport heart rate monitor today, this is a seriously impressive piece of kit, it has the most functions of any HR monitor on the market. I'm looking forward to getting all my training data from it and also calculating how high up Mont Ventux we would climb on our Sat ride on Boxhill!

Thanks for reading and enjoy your training.
Stephen CleanShaven Bayliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home