Friday, January 12, 2007

Drugs in sport....

I'm annoyed, very annoyed! I shouldn't let it get to me, as it does my own training and performance no benifit at all, I should be able to put my trust in WADA(World anti dopping agency) and our national and international govening bodies! But, what the hell is going on, please read this link to a letter from Les MacDonald(President of the ITU(International Triathlon Union)) to Dick Pound(WADA president) : http://www.slowtwitch.com/headings/olympics3.html

So, there are a few issues that really get my goat here:
There is a positive test from the Ironman World Championships 2006, why is this athlete not named and banned?
The politics of it all is very very frustrating, it seems that there are a few people who want to be the big daddy and so don't really care about the sport of triathlon or the athletes, and seem to only care about being "King of the jungle" of something.

Surely all events could sign up to a world anti doping policy! Infact there should be a world sporting police, who inforce that all events(maybe just professional sporting events) have dope testing.

For clean athletes trying to make it to the top, like myself, I should not have to worry that I will be racing doped athletes, and that they may very well get away with it!

I just really hope that the powers that be do EVERYTHING they can to stop doping and give proper bans to athletes caught doping.

Anyway, rant over, I off for my second training session of the day.

Thanks for reading
Stephen Bayliss(aka big legs)
www.stephenbayliss.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home