Friday, August 18, 2006

Haven't Blogged for a while.

I have done a fair bit of racing though since the last blog. Oh I haven't blogged for a couple of reasons; 1 have been training very hard, and 2 have not had internet in our apartment until now, so it has been a bit difficult with internet access.

So I', in Leysin Switzerland, training hard under the guidance of Brett Sutton, and with the great group of athletes he has here.

It has to be the best training enviroment I have been in ever! It really is what have wanted, I am completely focused on training and improving each and everyday, with as few distractions as possible, it is training heaven!

So race wise, I did an ITU LOng Distance race in Lorient about 4weeks ago, finished 2nd to a Brazilian lad I train with here, Renaldo Colucci. We both had a great trip. Renaldo, Bella and myself drove to the west of france and we did as well as we could, as Bella won the womens race too!

Then we had an epic training week to Alpe D'Huez we cycled there did the triathlon up the climb, then cycled home all over about 6days. I came 6th in the race, Renaldo won, and Bella was 2nd in the Womens.

Then last weekend was the big one, EmbrunMan, it is a mountanous bike ride 185km in total the big climb being the col D'Izoard, I was happy in the end with 8th, Renaldo again did great coming 2nd and Bella also was fantastic as she had some major wheel problems she finished 2nd, and poss would have won without the problems.

I recommend having a look at the race site, www.embrunman.com this race is a real challenge, if you think IM Lanzarote is hard, this race is doubly hard!!

Well that is all for now, thanks for reading, next race is Euro Long Dist champs on 26th Aug.
Stephen
www.stephenbayliss.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home