Monday, November 22, 2004

A week of good training, bad ankle and interesting cakes!

Monday: Easy swim bike and run, this is interesting (to some) as a real recovery day is possibly doing nothing but if your in the middle of a training block as I am, then you feel so much better doing the 3 diciplines but the pace is VVV slow and time spent doing them is minimal, the aim is to keep the body in tune(nero muscular pathways) with the skills it needs to perform, also to keep the muscle in as good a condition as possible for the next days hard training. Anyway this goal was achieved, this session is also good as it takes place at my local gym and there are some extremely "fit" young ladies on a Mon evening!
Tuesday: Putney swim with a little extra after, then 0.5hr jog. Evening Track session of 5x1200m then drills and strides on the grass. Ankle is hurting! very frustrating but doing all I can to keep it under control(massage, stretching, ice).
Wednesday: 4hr bike good steady ride, 1hr jog quite tiered and ankle still not good,mmmmmm need extra work on it! Swim in eve but first time I have felt tiered for a bit so cut session short.
Thursday: Just did the hill session in Epsom, actually ran ok however a lot of fatique in my legs they were screaming on every interval and the head wind over the top of the hill was making it a tough session.
Took it easy on Friday: an easy swim and stretch.
Saturday and Sunday: Easy jog and feel much better feel no fatigue in my body and looking forward to a good days training on Tuesday.

As you can see, there was no trip to Fanny's which is V bad for the mental well being and so I made up for it today(Monday) with a trip to see Fanny and 2 bits of cake, tut tut I can hear, well it's still before Christmas that's my excuse. I had Coffee cake and a Caramel slice, mmmm mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home