Tuesday, April 18, 2006

14th Ironman Arizona

Not what I was looking for but I learnt some important lessons from this race and so I may well be pleased it happened some time in the future.

I had an ok swim coming out in the 2nd group 1min behind, then on the bike rode well coming off only 10mins down on the leader. I was confident in my run so felt a really good result was possible.

To cut a long story short. I started to slow, got bad diaroea and had an awful run. I finished in 14th place in 9hrs and a few seconds.

Basically I was severly dehydrated by the end of the bike and there is no way back from that.

I have had a really good chat with the Team Timex nutritionist , and have now got a much better understanding of my fluid and nutritional needs in all conditions.

Talking about Team Timex camp. It was a great 3days in a posh resurt in Arizona. I learnt alot, spoke to lots of new team mates and sponsors and enjoyed a great camp.

Bella and I are in Boulder now , getting used to the altitude and training everyday.

Thanks for reading
Stephen
www.stephenbayliss.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home