Monday, December 06, 2004

Always cover up open wounds!

Especially when running a wet muddy cross country. This is the lesson learnt this week as I have just come home from A&E at St Helier Hosp (where I got fantastic treatment from Dr Dan, who is a very accomplished Ironman himself, I think completing around 10!), he called me through and looked at my foot and said "how far up does that red line go?" I hadn't really noticed it, but it was about up to my knee traveling straight from the infected blister on my toe up, apparently this is the "lymphatic tract" I think and this isn't good, so I have been injected with high strength penicillin 2 enormous syringe fulls! He said"you'll be able to taste it" and I could, weird or what!
The other bad news is he said the antibiotics will really knock my immune system badly so I won't feel great and will need to take a rest, he said 2 weeks but I'm sure I can do some light training soon.

The rest of my weeks training was really good,
Monday: my friend Bella Comerford(2 time winner of Ironman Florida numerous other great results too) was visiting her Grandparents down this way so we went running and swimming together, great fun even though we got told off by the Breast strokers in the public pool for swimming to fast! Speed limits in pools!!
Tue: Swim, bike and Track run session, a little tired.
Wed: Fit-For ride and a run
Thurs: Swim bike and Hill run intervals at Epsom.
Fri: Work Christmas party, Dancing counts as some sort of training(I was doing "pose" drills as part of my dance moves.
Sat: 3hr bike. 10mile Cross country(picked up an infection!) finished 2nd in 56mins.
Sun: Swim, Bike and Run, but feel really rough in evening and sore foot.(I wonder why)

Well I've learnt a lesson this week. Always cover up open wounds!

Thanks for reading
Don't train to hard, I won't be the next few days!

Stephen only a light stubble Bayliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home