Sunday, December 12, 2004

Pretty much back to normal.

Well a funny old week, foot infection on Monday so just a very uncomfortable cycle to work then my visit to the hosp for lots of antibiotics. The rest of the week wasn't a complete wipe out, i didn't feel to bad but took Tuesday completely off, just a little walk. Wednesday I thought I'd have a little spin on the bike. Thursday short swim and a Jog. Friday easy swim bike and Run. I was told to be careful because the penicillin lowers your white blood cell count and so making me more susceptible to catching a bug or something, so I made sure I ate well, lots vitamin C, and avoided anyone who looked to be harboring nasty germs (they're easy to spot, coughers and splutterers) however it's important to be careful of the stealth germ carriers, it's all in the eyes or so I'm told!

So Saturday I had a cycle in the morning and decided to run an Interclub cross country at Wimbledon common in the afternoon I felt a little weak but finished 2nd. Then on Sunday a 3km swim and a Hard 1hr Run, I felt a little better Sunday than Saturday, the Antibiotics finished on Saturday so I think any effects of them will soon disappear.

The plan is to train as normal this week. The "bifro" is coming along nicely.

Thanks for reading
Stephen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home