Monday, January 03, 2005

Quite a few hours training in Cyprus..

I hope you had a good Christmas period, I know most normal people don't use Christmas as the best time of year for a training camp but I think it's a great time to train, quiet roads, (good weather in Cyprus), and it avoids the Christmas excesses.

I was quite tiered after the weekend before Christmas when I ran 2 hard Cross country races in 2 days along with swimming and cycling as well and so I took it fairly easy up until I flew out to Cyprus on the Christmas eve.
My Christmas Day entailed, after breakfast; 1hr swim, 3.5hr Bike and 1.5hr run.
Basically the rest of the week was the same with 1hr swim, 3-4hr bike and 1-2hrs run every day for 6 days I did in total 36hrs training not including the core exercises and stretching in the gym. I managed to lose nearly 2kgs so I'm back to my racing weight of last year which is good.

Cyprus was a great place to train the roads around the national pk and game reserve were great, all in the hills and very quiet, the weather was between 17-22C and the sea was warm
enough with my wetsuit on, without a wetsuit, as my brother Mark found out it was a bit cold. Mark also managed to bump into a Russian pro water polo team and they invited him to train with them the following day, oh good fun I said, until I saw these Russians, they were massive, literally 7ft tall built like the proverbial outhouse and rather ugly too! He had a very tough session but survived and enjoyed it.

I'm pleased with my form at the moment I'm running better than last year, I'm picking up the cycling mileage from now and my swimming is still improving. I feel that every thing is on track for my first goal of top 7th at Ironman Lanzarote, 138 days to go.
I flew back on New years eve so just had an easy swim, bike and run in the gym. Then on New years day had 1hr easy bike, on Sunday I had a good day no fatigue in my legs and had 1hr swim, 5.5hr bike and 50min run including 1 lap TT of next Saturdays Surrey cross country champs - I'm looking for a good run here so am laying of the running distance this week.

Oh BTW, I have shaved my head and face and I feel like a new man, I'm sure it must be good for my Kama to have a shaved head. It seems to make me more focused on training, I think that's why some monks do it, to cut out as many distractions as possible (hair isn't much of a distraction!). Anyway I still feel very motivated for this coming season.

Thanks for reading
Stephen Cleanshaven Bayliss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home