Thursday, February 17, 2005

Standing up all day makes you tiered.

As I discovered at the TCR show at Sandown pk last weekend. A really good show and great to meet some Fit-For members while we were there. As well as walking around the show and talking to lots of different people all day, I had to shoot off to Lloyd pk in Croydon for our last Surrey League cross country of the season, I finished 4th.
On Sunday it was back to the show and I had also entered the 10km run around the race course, it was freecing cold and the start was delayed so meant warming up twice, anyway there were near 800 runners, I went off fast and opened up a comfortably lead on my friend Roger Barr, then the lead stayed about the same for the rest of the race and I won in a time of 36mins!!! (either I was running slow(maybe) or the coures was tough(which it was) and possibly long(I hope).
I then went back to our Fit For stand, but didn't have much of a rest before Gary Palmer of Sportstest called me over for the Max Test on the treadmill that I agreed to do for him, mmmmmm, good idea with tiered legs, anyway started with a sub max test running 5mis at 13km/p/hr then 5mins at 15km/p/hr then 5 mins at 17km/p/hr this was not to tough but I knew the hard stuff was coming after a 10min rest. Started the test at 12km/p/hr and the speed increased 0.5km every 30secs until I couldn't get any faster, I made it to 22km/p/hr, not bad I thought with tiered legs and at 1% gradient.

The rest of the week has been good, much the same as usually swimming with Hounslow, and riding hard up hills.

My new bikes are arriving soon, can't wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger tucola said...

Hello. I did the 10k race as well - the second I've ever done - and since I saw in the results that you'd won it, I stuck your name in google and found your site. Glad to hear that you thought it was pretty tough as well - even though you beat me by nearly 6 minutes!!

I did the 10k race in order to see how fit I am, in preparation for a half-marathon in March that I've been training for since Christmas. I was a bit gutted to miss my target time, but like you say, the conditions were pretty tough and a bunch of people on the Runners' World site reckon the last kilometer was long (which I am inclined to agree).

Oh well, that's in the past - gotta keep up the training ready for March! Good luck with your training - sounds like it's a bit of a different basis to mine, but we've all gotta start somewhere!!

Cheers

T.

February 17, 2005 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home