Wednesday, March 16, 2005

20th in National Half marathon champs

After taking it easy towards the end of last week , I felt fully recovered and had a nice steady 3hrs on the bike on Sat and a very short jog with a few strides. Then on Sunday I traveled down to Hastings for the National Half Marathon Champs , It's a very hilly course but with most of the climbing in the first 5miles, (I found the long 2mile climb from 3-5mile very tough) but after this got into my running again and felt strog towards the end, I finished 20th in 1hr 12min 12 secs and with the first 2 being Kenyon I think I was 18th in the national champs and also I was running for the Surrey team and we all finished in the top 20 so we managed to win the Inter Counties champs, very good day all round, mainly pleased that I recovered well after feeling so tiered last Wednesday.

My swimming has changed as traveling every morning to Isleworth and back 17mile away through traffic at 5 in the morning was becoming quite a stress so I am going back to swimming on my own, just have to make sure I keep up the intensity!

Well Just over 2months left to Lanzarote, Swimming and Running are definitely on track my cycling is going good but I will hope to really get the speed going on the bike with some TTs and road races after London marathon.

Cycling to the pool now so ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home